Sunday, June 14, 2009

I gotta remember this

I was looking at Allie and Lindsay through the rear view mirror in the car the other day. They were looking and acting so grown up. it made me remember it was not too long ago they were both in infant car seats and screaming. This week they both proved to me how grown up they were. Here is an example for each


Lindsay, was at our neighbors house playing with one of her and Allies best friends Riley. Lindsay began arguing about the food they were having for snack. this is the conversation with Riley's Mom

Riley's Mom: "Lindsay don't argue with me"
Lindsay: (As she waves her necklace in the air) "I'm not arguing with you, I'm changing your mind with my magic necklace."


Allie: I took the girls to a Ballet performance last night. we got all dressed up and went to apple-b's, and then to the Ballet, Riley was performing and another little girl from church. The performance was Sleeping Beauty, very well put together, with Prince Charming and everything. Well at intermission while visiting with some ladies someone comes out from the closed curtain with a microphone to announce that they found a little girl back stage. She said her name was ALLIE. Could Allie's mom please come and get her. As I looked over, there was Allie safely in the arms of Prince Charming (not scared) but grinning from ear to ear. She knew exactly what she was doing and where she was going. their was no "wandering off " in this situation.

I should have had prince charming give her a kiss. right!

All too grown up.

3 comments:

gwen said...

Wendy, Those are great stories! haha I wish I had a magic necklace.... haha, too cute!

Gayla said...

That is too funny! Wow, your sweet little family really has grown so much since we moved. Are you loving Montana?

Andrea said...

Those two girls.......sigh! They are too cute! I think I could also use one of those magic necklaces!!! And Allie with her prince! LOL too funny