Sunday, June 7, 2009

Turning "6"

Well I can no more use the phrase "I have five, five and under" It has been kind of a monumental year for me. I have often felt like if motherhood was considered a career to the world, I would be in my residency. It has been like a blur sometimes, long days and lots of lessons learned. My biggest goal has always been to try and enjoy the moment I am in (whatever that might be). I have made a lot of progress in this area. I remember many days just telling my self, this too shall pass. Well most of it has past. Things are already getting easier. My baby girl is six years old and finishing up Kindergarten. She is big help around the house. The twins and Jace can entertain Austin if I need them too. They are all growing up.

Faith wanted to have a Garden Party for her sixth Birthday, She wanted everyone to come and plant floweres. But not wanting to worry about getting the house ready, lawn included. Then Knowing myself to go overboard on a "in house" party with decorations and food. I thought it would be cheaper if we just did it at a local Play Place. So she was satisfied with a flower cake we had previously picked out from a picture in a magazine. It was supper easy, and then we gave out some small flower pots with seeds that they could take home and plant themselves.






4 comments:

Andrea said...

I can not believe she is 6!! Happy Birthday Faith! It looks like she had a great time. That slide is huge! And I am with ya, sometimes going somewhere else where food and clean up is provided makes it soooo much easier! And I love the gather around the presents too! That is definitely the best. Happy Birthday Faith!!

Andrea said...

I got the race track cake idea from you! Lane loved it! I can't wait to do a girl cake!!!!

The Caple Crew said...

That cake is too cute! I wish I was talented and can make cute cakes like you! GOOD JOB MOM!

The Crowsnest said...

I love seeing your blog, you are such a good mommy. Love the cake!!