Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Vacation to Remember!!


I should be out mowing the lawn right now. The grass is beginning to look like a jungle. That’s what happens in the summer when you live in Louisiana and do not mow for a week. Yes it only takes a week. But we have a good excuse for not completing the task, yes Bret and I took a vacation. No kids, 6 days, In New York City!! My sister is living there for the summer and we have two really good friends in Jersey. So we decide it was a great time to take advantage of the chance to see the east coast. Bret’s mom was in town so she graciously watched the kids for us. We were planning on taking Jace. Lightening the load for her. But in the end were enticed to leave him behind and enjoy the anniversary vacation just the two of us. Not to say I do not love that little bundle of joy, but wow am I glad that we left him with grandma. I experienced real conversation without interruption, We slept in every morning waking up refreshed. My mind almost seemed in another place, clear and able to think clearly. Don’t get me wrong I love being a mom. But sometimes you forget there is a person behind the Mom. I think that is what I enjoyed most about the vacation. Just being me, relaxed and with friends and family!!!

We visited some unforgetable places. I will post more later, but below are some of New York City.

Our top 10
10. Riding the train into Pen Station
9. Standing at the top of Sid's building looking down on New York
8.The M & M store
7. Walking the park, and Statue of Liberty
6. visiting Montauk point light house. First light house in new york state
5. visiting the Beach with the Bassetts. BRRRRRR cold water
4. Dinner with Mike and Marcela, good salsa, and a georgus drive around New Jersey
3. Seeing the Broadway play Wicked with my Mom and Marie
2. Bret went to a Yankees Game
1. Enjoying everything without KIDS!!!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Super Fun, I'm jealous! haha

The Cassel Family said...

looks like such a great time! I love New York so much, its the greatest. That is wonderful that you got to get away without the kids, everyone needs that every once in a while.

cemarcano said...

Congrats on seeing NYC! I loved my way too brief visit there 11 years ago. I'd love to go back some day. I'll remember to not bring the kids. Okay so I've got to see this Wicked show. I've heard reference to it three times already today!

Oh and Happy Anniversary!

Gayla said...

Happy Anniversary Wendy & Bret! What a great trip! I'm so glad you got to see NYC without the kids. You just need to do that sometimes. Oh, I miss being able to buy half price show tickets on Wednesdays and Saturdays in Time Square. We were three hours from there when we lived in PA.

What would we do without Grandmas?

Andrea said...

Oh I had no idea you were kidless! You two deserve it!! I am glad you guys had such a great time!!
It is amazing how moms get so tied up with being a mom and forget what it's like to sleep in!! I am so jealous you have seen Wicked!! I listen to the soundtrack all the time!

Julie Church said...

Amen, it makes all the difference in the world to take a few days to realize your personality and reconnect with your spouce. I am sure it was much needed and deserved time away. I felt like someone put new batteries in me when I got back from Vegas!