Thursday, August 28, 2008

Working Overtime!

Well our house is officially up on the Market we have a nice ERA Moffet Reality sign in the front yard. To me this means overtime. As if taking care of all the young ones was not a full time job I now consider myself on overtime. Wish I was getting paid. The realtor had suggested that I just make sure the house was presentable every time I left the house. HA, HA. I would never get out of the house. We showed it 3 times in the last 2 days and each time I had to buckle the kids in the car seats with the car running and then run back in the house to pick up all the last few toys, shoes, sippy cups ect. Not sure how long I can keep this up. My late nights that really are not that late have turned into moping, I am not a big fan of moping since most of my 2300 sq ft house is wood floors. I am exhausted when I finish.

We have also started to make our first plans for Hurricane Gustavo. It is hard to wish it falling landfall on anyone. We are just hoping for it to slow down in the gulf, and worst case we are out of Electricity for less than a day. I am reminded of the quote “If ye are prepared ye shall not fear” I am not typically a nervous person, so hopefully we can pass thru this next couple of weeks peacefully, since I hear there are 2 more Hurricanes behind Gustavo. Where ever we are??

4 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah, I'm hoping for a good extra day or two off of school and work for us to have a longer weekend, and then I'm ready to ship em back to school! I don't want 6 weeks off like after Rita!! NO NO NO

Andrea said...

Oh dear! I hope you can get some rest in between mopping. I use windex with a damp mop. That works really well for a quick shine. Then you only have to rinse the mop in the middle of washing and at the end. I just spray and wipe. You should try it, it's a big time saver for me.

Stacy James said...

Bless your sweet heart. I'll send an extra prayer up for you. Keeping a house presentable is a tough job even when there are only 1 or 2 children.

Julie Church said...

I have tears in my eyes and wish we could offer some kind of help or do something other than just watching the news and praying our guts out! We love you guys....stay safe! We are only a call away if you need anything!