Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Days

We have had some really great "Summer Days" and today was one of them, Sara Beth(12), Emma (8)and Lilly (5) came over to play. The girls spent the morning outide in the little pool playing princess mermaids, (whatever that is) and water base ball. It is a fun little toy we purchased a couple of years ago. the water squirts up and holds a plastic ball like a T in T-ball. they were outside all morning long. I feed them lunch outside, grapes, watermellon, and pb&J's. Jace was playing right along with all the girls. He is becoming such part of the group. Then they came in and began playing intently with their toys. (I love it when I do not have to turn on the TV.) They played the rest of the afternoon with each other with almost no argumets. I most likly owe the credit to Sara Beth, she is such a little peace maker, I wish I could adopt her. Days like these remind me that being a mom is fun. It also brought to my attention that kids really can teach us something about enjoying the simple things in life.

Among our top summer days we have also set up a lemmonade stand ( Faith made $7.50) not a lot for a saterday afternooon, but she is looking forward to doing it again. We have spend numerous mornings at the childrens museum, a trip to the sulpher water park, we might try that one again but it is a lot of stress for me and I need a break to recoperate. A few Library trips, and visits with friends. I have amazed myself at how well the house is running. the kids seem to be getting along , Maybe this is my little reprive before life gets hetic again with the arival of Baby Austin. Any how I really want to try and enjoy them right now.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sure sounds like you all have been super busy!! It's so wonderful when everyone is getting along!!

Laura said...

We should all try to hit the water park together--get a big group to meet up there. We haven't gone either, since I am too scared it's going to be entirely stressful for me, but the kids want too so bad. It would be much easier with others around!

Julie Church said...

I think I shall call you "SUPER MOM". Anyone with 5 kids in 5 years and says she loves it deserves this title! You really are a great mom, Wendy, I look up to you in so very many ways!

tyrone&mary said...

Hey girl! Its fun to see your cute family! I cant believe how big everyone is getting...and another one coming soon! Youre amazing!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Love ya lots. Keep smiling and blessings will pour down.