Sunday, October 4, 2009

update

Things have been busy around the Jorgensen household lately. Allie and Lindsay are in Pre-k 3 days a week, Faith started piano lessons, and all the girls are in Ballet. I also enrolled Jace in a rock-tumble-roll class at the YMCA. It was a fortune of $15 a month.(j/K) worth every penny, he loves it. I think with the girls involved in school and in Ballet this year, It really gives him a sense of ownership on something. His own class that is just for him and not his sisters. I thought of the idea one day when I was taking the girls to ballet and he said he wanted to go to tractor ballet. I guess it was his way of saying, what do I get to do mom?. At rock-tumble roll class they have a zip-line, rock climbing wall and lots of mats for jumping and doing somersaults on. Just what he loves.

The kids are busy and happy. Austin has started to recognize Daddy, I mean really recognise Daddy. He screams when he comes in the room and screams when he leaves. He wants to be in Daddy's arms if Daddy is home.(O.K. by me!)

And me I am just trying to keep everything in balance. I struggle as every mom does I'm sure on how much time to give to the house cleaning, the cooking, exercising, reading books with the kids, doing crafts with the kids, getting fresh air outside. teaching them correct principals (money saving,friendship, Honesty etc.) All the Joys of Motherhood. However I truly am enjoying watching my children grow. Allie has taken to playing with Jace. She enjoys the farm play as much as he does. Lindsay has become my companion most of the time. She likes to follow me around the house asking me lots of questions. And Faith when home still enjoys leading her siblings in roll play or making crafts. I have been surprised how the twins enjoy so many different things, they do not play together as much as they used to. Allie especially wants to be her own person. If her sister is wearing something pink she will go out of her way to wear something purple. Just as long as she does not look like her sister. At first when I signed them up for Ballet, because Lindsay wanted to do ballet, Allie said she would only do Tap. ( she has since complied to do both)Maybe it is just a phase, But I think it is good for them.
My only concern is that they both grow in confidence and self assurance in whatever they decide.

2 comments:

cemarcano said...

Sounds like things are going well with you all up there in Montana. I keep trying to figure out a way to come visit some time. I think we would love to hang out with you all some way. You're awesome Wendy!

Andrea said...

it's so great to get an update! Sounds like you are so super busy! I watched on the weather channel today that you guys might be getting some snow!! Is that true?

The twins have grown up so much. I can't believe they are in Pre-K! That is crazy! And I am glad Jace is having some great boy time! That class sounds awesome!! I know Lane would love to do something like that.

When ever my house isn't clean and things are just all over the place I used a line I once heard from you, "Right now, at this time in my life, I am not meant to have a clean house!" You said that so long ago and it just makes sense. There are more important things to do than to scrub the baseboards!! HAHA, like I do that any way!! LOL

You are such a wonderful mother and a wonderful example to your beautiful children!!