Thursday, April 30, 2009

April comes to an End

We have been busy lately, April has been a very eventful month. Bret has been on a turnaroud at the plant so we have not seen much of him. I took thee Easter Vacation (without hime)and I have not slowed down. The girls of course had a wonderful birthday, then my Mom, Grandma and Sister came up for a visit. We took the kids to an indoor water park here in town. They had a ball. Lindsay spent more time under water than above it. She is a real fish. But I do have to admit they all are without fear. (I am sure they get it from their father) They were up and down the little water slides even Jace could not wait to go down again. Saying "gen mommy gen".

We then had stake conference and Elder Oaks came for a visit. Bret let me go to the Saturday evening session while he watched the kids. Big Break for me and a sacrifice for him I know. He loves the Saturday evening session. But loves me more, so he let me go. It was Brilliant!! I left so uplifted and Loved. Elder Oaks was so open and Candid with us all, I felt like I really knew him after the visit. He has a wonderful sense of humor, Yet such a mantel of apostleship. It was truly a blessing to have him for the visit.

Then Grandma Lindsay came up for the week. She has been a tremendous help. Allie had her tonsils out, adenoids worked on as well as tubes put in her ears. She had abnormally large tonsils which caused her to snore at night, keeping her sisters up. Since the surgery she has just wanted mommy to hold her. Which leaves Grandma to the rest of the duties. She has been wonderful. Lindsay still calls her by her first name "Linda" Every once and while she calls her "girlfriend" they certainly have a special bond the two of them. Grandma leaves on Sunday and life will return to it's regular mundane schedule. Because Bret has been on turnarounds at the plant the last month I am declaring May as "get to know Daddy again month".

Below are a few more pictures from our vacation to Utah. This one is the Girls playing in the Haystack in Grandmas back yard. then them pretending to ride the 4-wheelers.




1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love the princess costumes on the four wheelers!! I love it!! Your girls are getting so big, and Jace!!! He looked like he was in heaven on that big red four wheeler.